Chelsea M. Augelli’s practice focuses exclusively on family law matters. Chelsea brings a breadth of experience in divorces, common-law marriages, complex financial matters, allocation of parental responsibility actions, parenting time disputes, post-decree child support and/or maintenance modifications, relocation matters, as well as drafting cohabitation or prenuptial agreements. She also has substantial experience with high conflict cases involving domestic violence, mental health, and substance use issues and cases with neurodivergent or special needs children.
While Chelsea is a zealous advocate with broad litigation experience, she strives to give her clients a realistic and solution-oriented approach to resolving the issues in their cases. Chelsea believes her role as a family law attorney is to mitigate harm to families and to maintain civility and professionalism when dealing with the highly emotional and difficult issues that can arise in domestic relations cases.
Chelsea has been recognized as a Colorado Super Lawyer® Rising Star for 2022- 2023 and as The Best Lawyers In America©: Ones to Watch in Family Law for 2022-2023.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Chelsea spent several years working as a paralegal for a prominent Colorado family law firm specializing in high-conflict litigation. Chelsea was a judicial intern at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission for a number Administrative Law Judges, worked in the Family Violence Unit at the District Attorney’s Office in the 2nd Judicial District, and represented victims of domestic violence in the Sturm College of Law Civil Litigation Clinic. Chelsea was also appointed as a Guardian Ad Litem in civil protection order cases through the Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center.
Chelsea is a Colorado native and enjoys taking advantage of the Colorado outdoors, yoga, watching Colorado Avalanche hockey, cooking, live music, and learning about wine.
- Bachelor of Arts: 2013, University of Denver, Denver, Colorado
- Major in Sociology and minors in Business Administration and Socio-Legal Studies
- Juris Doctor (J.D.): 2019, University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- Honors: 2018-2019 Bingham Family Endowed Scholarship, Burg Endowed Scholarship and Mary T. Hoagland Scholarship
- American Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- Colorado Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association, Board Member -Public Policy Committee Co-Chair
- Denver Bar Association, Member
- Trained Collaborative Attorney
- Project Safeguard, Volunteer
- Metro Volunteer Lawyers, Volunteer
- Selected as a Rising Star by Colorado Super Lawyers Magazine for 2022 and 2023
- The Best Lawyers In America©: Ones to Watch in Family Law for 2022-2023
- ColoradoBiz Magazine, Women to Watch: Wells Family Law, P.C., Summer 2023
Authorship & Presentations
- Family Law Institute 2023, Revenge Porn: Don’t Go Out With a Bang, with co-presenter Cassandra Kirsch, Esq.
- Domestic Relations and Probate Institute 2023, A Cautionary Tale Part II: Preventing Mistakes in Orders Regarding the Sale or Refinance of Property in a Dissolution of Marriage or Fixing Mistakes After Entry of Orders
- Domestic Relations and Probate Institute 2022, A Cautionary Tale: Preventing Mistakes in Orders Regarding the Sale or Refinance of Property in a Dissolution of Marriage or Fixing Mistakes After Entry of Orders
- ProLaw CLE- Collaborative Law: A Discussion of How to Creatively Utilize a Collaborative Model in Family Law, with Erika Gebhardt, Esq. as Co-Presenter, 2020
- Chelsea Augelli and Tamara Kuennen, Domestic Violence & Men’s Professional Sports: Advancing the Ball, 21 U. Den. Sports & Ent. L.J. 27 (2018)